Sunday, April 4, 2010

April 2010



Man oh Man
I don't know. I just can't put together a zine lately. They seem to get shorter and lamer. I'll try harder. I'll blame it on lack of exercise, practicing for my concert and low grade depression.

Concert
Yeah, seriously. I'm doing a concert in NYC on May 14, 2010. $6. It's going to be awesome!

Conversation with Mom
Mom: Do you have those leggings that look like jeans?
Me: Umm, no.
Mom: I saw them on TV yesterday

Movies:
The Hangover - Pretty good. There were a couple moments when they go a little too far.
Project Runway Season 5 and 6 -Meh. Season 6 was pretty awful. Nothing really compelling.
Eclipse is coming out June 30, 2010!!!!
Marley and Me - good...sad. sad. sad.
Fame! - the original version. Good stuff.
Mad Men - Now I'm in Season 2. Good stuff.
Band Slam - Good enough. I had high hopes for this.

The Broadway
Lend Me A Tenor - Pretty good. It's something that my mom will enjoy. Like Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick, but not. Tony Shaloub, Anthony LaPaglia and the young man from The Hangover.
Next To Normal - Really good. Who doesn't love a musical about someone with bipolar.
God of Carnage - Good stuff. It's pretty entertaining.
Red - Really good. Alfred Molina as the artist Mark Rothko. Truth be told, I fell asleep for a little bit (as I do at most shows), but the parts I saw were excellent. It's rather intense.

Music
Ingrid Michaelson - Found her on the Pandora from my Regina Spektor channel. She sounds like well, Regina Spektor, it's sort of pleasant and non-impactful.

Books
American Wife - Really good.
In Defense of Food -I stopped reading it, I got bored.
Blink - Read about half of it, I got bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment